Saturday, August 13, 2011

Inspired!


Am getting quite excited about unveiling the Mr Rose spring summer collection in a couple of weeks.…it feels like the beginning was so long ago! The inspiration for this collection comes from a lightening bolt of wonderment at the Murakami exhibition in Versailles – brilliance that made me want to jump out of my skin and dance, dance, dance. Placement always intrigues me, the stranger the better, so having the ornate, opulent historical Versailles as the backdrop to the ornate, opulent pop world of Takashi Murakami made my heart sing. Two modern worlds distanced by time working perfectly together through brilliance in design and vision. I had never been to the gardens of Versailles, so it was high-giddy-pleasure of meandering around the green, ice-cream in hand, soaking it all up. Taking some time to kick-back on one of the garden benches and watch the leaves fall, it’s a luxury that you often only get with travel. This collection is also connected to my friend Traudl who had passed away a month before I headed to Paris (a city that she loved and the country that created her favourite quencher). In a quirk of fate, she had given me a little Murakami brooch from an exhibition in Japan that she had gone to with Steve, and had raved solidly about it and the whole trip. This little smiling brooch I hang with her cowboy boot earrings in my Raffa’s room – it’s a happy remembrance of a femme who continues to inspire. Here are some references that I used to create the collection …..when it comes out in a couple of weeks (Sept 5th) see if you can put two and two together!

No comments:

Post a Comment